love

Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 592305 times)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #1300 on: July 19, 2011, 10:00:42 PM »
Hey cool! Where do you ride? What do you ride?

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1301 on: July 19, 2011, 10:49:03 PM »
Places...on a mountain bike.

The mountain bike is a G2, if that means anything. 21 gears, front shocks and apparently not quite tall enough for me.
Colorado is actually pretty great for biking. Even in Colorado Springs where the government is super libertarian, they do a fair bit with parks because they know it is key to the tourism industry. Good bike paths and parks. The park I was at today was really great and it is just three miles away so I biked there and back (and didn't have to pay to get in because apparently they only charge cars). I've got a picture that I'll put up at some point...need to find a more discreet place than tinypic for personal pics I think.

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #1302 on: July 20, 2011, 03:50:10 AM »
Sighing happily.  Tree of Life is even better after a second viewing - lived up to and then exceeded the first.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #1303 on: July 20, 2011, 08:12:45 AM »
Places...on a mountain bike.

The mountain bike is a G2, if that means anything. 21 gears, front shocks and apparently not quite tall enough for me.
Colorado is actually pretty great for biking. Even in Colorado Springs where the government is super libertarian, they do a fair bit with parks because they know it is key to the tourism industry. Good bike paths and parks. The park I was at today was really great and it is just three miles away so I biked there and back (and didn't have to pay to get in because apparently they only charge cars). I've got a picture that I'll put up at some point...need to find a more discreet place than tinypic for personal pics I think.

Cool. I'm not too familiar with mountain bikes and I've never heard of Orange Bikes but poking around there website I like what I see. British mountain bikes... who would've though?!

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #1304 on: July 20, 2011, 09:44:55 AM »
British mountain bikes... who would've though?!

they're only mountain bikes on the way down. 

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1305 on: July 20, 2011, 10:05:58 AM »
I don't know my own bike well enough. The brand is Karakoram and it is a All GT model, not G2. :-[

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #1306 on: July 20, 2011, 11:09:47 AM »
Writing reviews for The Wicker Tree and Troll Hunter.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Fugee

• Elite Member
« Reply #1307 on: July 20, 2011, 12:44:30 PM »
Thinking about doing a Haneke marathon, then posting all the little reviews in a single thread of glory and disturbing...ness.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #1308 on: July 20, 2011, 03:44:11 PM »
That'd be great, Fugee.  I've been catching up on Haneke, myself.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Tim

• Elite Member
  • Be excellent to each other
« Reply #1309 on: July 20, 2011, 07:40:02 PM »
I agree that would be a good marathon. I might follow along myself if you are doing it slowly, as there are a few I need to watch and a few I need to revisit....although I am worried about revisiting a couple of them.....
"Only cinema narrows its concern down to its content, that is to its story. It should, instead, concern itself with its form, its structure." Peter Greenaway

love