Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 592202 times)

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #1410 on: August 19, 2011, 11:10:03 AM »
Conan the Freshman ftw!

Lobby

• Elite Member
    • The Velvet Café
« Reply #1411 on: August 19, 2011, 12:58:17 PM »
I've just submitted a last-minute application for a job I'd really want but didn't notice was announed until today, which was the last day for applying. Quite stressful. I haven't applied for a job for years and I discovered that I must have lost all old apps, CV etc in an old computer crash so I had to start from scratch.

Now I'm done, but exhausted.

So what could be better than going to a not-too-hard-to-digest movie? I'm just about to take off for The Rise of the Planet of the Apes! Yay me! :)
http://thevelvetcafe.wordpress.com/  - where I think aloud about movies

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #1412 on: August 19, 2011, 01:03:22 PM »
Good for you, Lobby!  And have fun at the movie. :) :)

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #1413 on: August 19, 2011, 05:03:20 PM »
Enjoying the fruit of my labor.  ;D

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #1414 on: August 19, 2011, 05:31:01 PM »

They look fantastic, what are you planning to do with them oad? Jam, jellies?
About a month ago I picked a lot of blackcurrants, which got made into jam and compote. I do the picking my mom does the cooking.
It's just about blackberry picking time here in the UK and I shall post pics with the fruit of my labours  ;D

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #1415 on: August 19, 2011, 06:53:22 PM »
Great looking blueberries!

We got to actually harvest some blueberries this year for the first time since we had our blueberry bushes.  It turns out our chickens had been eating the berries as soon as they appeared.  chickens are dead now (by raccoons!), so we got our blueberries.  (I think its a terrible way for chickens to die.  I would have much rathered put them in the pot.)
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #1416 on: August 19, 2011, 08:06:33 PM »

They look fantastic, what are you planning to do with them oad? Jam, jellies?
About a month ago I picked a lot of blackcurrants, which got made into jam and compote. I do the picking my mom does the cooking.
It's just about blackberry picking time here in the UK and I shall post pics with the fruit of my labours  ;D
We'll consume lots fresh, I know, but a pie for sure and then I'll freeze a bunch.  Love having having them in my freezer throughout the year for muffins, pancakes, smoothies, etc.  I like blueberry jam, but really prefer raspberry or strawberry (missed out on picking those this year - boo!).  Yumm, black currants!  Not sure if I can get those around here, but blackberry season is almost upon us here, too - cannot wait for those!  (Ha, I actually prefer "labour(s)" but am forced to be patriotic in my spelling, especially as a teacher (!) Looking forward to see your pics. :) )

We got to actually harvest some blueberries this year for the first time since we had our blueberry bushes.  It turns out our chickens had been eating the berries as soon as they appeared.  chickens are dead now (by raccoons!), so we got our blueberries.  (I think its a terrible way for chickens to die.  I would have much rathered put them in the pot.)
We've got a few bushes this year, too, that are producing pretty well (hopefully more next year) - mostly for munching on when we're outside - love it!  Wow, I never thought of chickens getting berries (and raccoons!! that is a rather terrible way to die :(  ) - we worry only about wild birds getting ours and netting the bushes seem to keep them away.

Lobby

• Elite Member
    • The Velvet Café
« Reply #1417 on: August 20, 2011, 05:40:06 PM »
Just finished watching Cyrus, my third movie in about 24 hours. The other two were The Rise of the Planet of the Apes and The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.

Three quite different movies. I have an issue with one of them, something that made me feel quite miserable and a bit at a loss on how to grade it. More about this in the review, which I'll hopefully write tomorrow. Now: sleeping time!

http://thevelvetcafe.wordpress.com/  - where I think aloud about movies

Tim

• Elite Member
  • Be excellent to each other
« Reply #1418 on: August 22, 2011, 02:41:14 AM »
Just unwrapping the 32GB HP TouchPad I bought today for $148 ;) They only got released in Australia last Monday for $599, but were discontinued by Thursday. I never would have bought one at $599, not even $300, but I couldn't pass up a $148 touchpad!

"Only cinema narrows its concern down to its content, that is to its story. It should, instead, concern itself with its form, its structure." Peter Greenaway

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #1419 on: August 22, 2011, 04:04:11 PM »
I'm feeling all awesome because Jen Kirkman responded to one of my tweets, that's like epic.

love