Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 592149 times)

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #1450 on: August 25, 2011, 11:00:58 PM »
Actually, ferris, MT is right here in Bridgetown!

Ok MT tell me where to submit a resume!  (I'm actually not joking!) VS.NET SQL2008  Oracle blah blah blah

Do you know C#?  PM me and I'll give you the details.  We're located in Lake Oswego.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #1451 on: August 26, 2011, 08:37:51 AM »
I love this. Filmspotters helping filmspotters, irl :)

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #1452 on: August 26, 2011, 08:58:40 AM »
Wow I just looked up where you are MT on googlemaps can you see that mountain from where you are? It looks cold where you live, but gorgeous. Just showing my complete ignorance.
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #1453 on: August 26, 2011, 09:02:45 AM »
Wow I just looked up where you are MT on googlemaps can you see that mountain from where you are? It looks cold where you live, but gorgeous. Just showing my complete ignorance.

It's been in the 90's in Portland this past week.  That's said, it's been the first week since last August that it's been that hot :) 

Wow so we have OldKid, MT and myself in Portland! Cool!  That mountain is Mt Hood, by the way
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #1454 on: August 26, 2011, 10:17:46 AM »
Yeah you can see Mt. Hood from most places in the city.

I've lived here since 94.  While there are things I miss about Chicago, I'll probably stay here the rest of my life.  It's a nice place to live.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #1455 on: August 26, 2011, 10:29:41 AM »
I think I would love to live in the Pacific Northwest.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #1456 on: August 26, 2011, 10:44:06 AM »
I have some friends who are semi-obsessed with Portland. They keep promising we'll take a roadtrip there sometime. Would be cool if that happened!

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #1457 on: August 26, 2011, 11:05:10 AM »
Put a bird on it!
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #1458 on: August 26, 2011, 01:23:55 PM »
I'm thinking of a sports themed blog, an idea that has been lurking somewhere in my brain for maybe a year now, on and off. I am not one of those hard core fans who memorize a vast multitude of stats in ever sport and every game. Don't ask me which field goal kicker has the lowest success ratio when playing at home or anything like that, I don't know the answer.

No, this blog would be more like my general thoughts on whatever most recent sporting event I watch on tv. A fan's perspective, a fan who loves sports but doesn't get too bogged down in the stats side of the games, although one can't entirely ignore stats nor do I (I just don't go crazy analyzing them).

I haven't taken the plunge yet. With work, social life and sleep time, Between the Seats takes up a lot of the time left for me, so I don't want to get all excited about a new project only to conclude a couple months later that I can't keep up. Plus, I'm terribly lazy when it comes to the offseason of sports. When a championship is won, I pretty much tune out until the start of the next season, so there'd be some long stretches where I simply wouldn't write anything about a given sport other than really big news.

I don't know. Still mulling over this.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #1459 on: August 26, 2011, 02:47:25 PM »
That's be awesome Edgar! One of the pages on my blog is "The Sports Page", but I only have two posts under it. Pretty much the same thing with Music. I just end up doing too much when it comes to Movies to have the time, but I've been thinking about making a weekly schedule thing to keep me on it, like one sports article a week and one music review a week, and then movies whenever, but I too haven't made the plunge yet.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

love