love

Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 592165 times)

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #1570 on: September 04, 2011, 09:48:22 AM »
Is it a nice apt?

I got lucky. It's $1000 a month. Technically it's a studio with a kitchen and living space. It was really luck of the draw. I could've moved in and found the place dirty as all hell like some of my new neighbors did. Within two days I filled it up with a desk, chair, bed, couch, ottoman. I'm happy with it, my building is all college kids like myself and so are the few buildings next to me so I don't feel out of place.
"Be yourself, unless you suck."- Joss Whedon

My Switchboard

AAAutin

• Elite Member
« Reply #1571 on: September 04, 2011, 05:43:53 PM »
I got lucky. It's $1000 a month.

Note to self: when passing through Boston, luck is a luxury that one can ill afford.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 05:46:43 PM by AAAutin »

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #1572 on: September 04, 2011, 05:52:09 PM »
Is it a nice apt?

I got lucky. It's $1000 a month. Technically it's a studio with a kitchen and living space. It was really luck of the draw. I could've moved in and found the place dirty as all hell like some of my new neighbors did. Within two days I filled it up with a desk, chair, bed, couch, ottoman. I'm happy with it, my building is all college kids like myself and so are the few buildings next to me so I don't feel out of place.

You need to move down here to Quincy, man. I'm moving into a 2-story, 2-bedroom apartment, sun-deck, yard, driveway, etc., all for $700 (with all utilities included!). But then again, I got the deal through my employer.  8) What part of Beantown you living in?

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #1573 on: September 04, 2011, 06:14:40 PM »
Mission Hill.

And I'm mostly lucky because I started looking at such a late time and got one of the lower prices. I have friends moving into crappier apartments more inner city for a higher price. City-living has its pros and cons (one of which is the real estate prices).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:16:43 PM by StudentOFilm »
"Be yourself, unless you suck."- Joss Whedon

My Switchboard

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #1574 on: September 04, 2011, 06:43:49 PM »
Mission Hill.

And I'm mostly lucky because I started looking at such a late time and got one of the lower prices. I have friends moving into crappier apartments more inner city for a higher price. City-living has its pros and cons (one of which is the real estate prices).

Cool man, make sure to take advantage of Jamaica Pond, the brewery tours, quirky coffee shops, and all that this hipster-centric place has to offer... I'll admit it's not my favorite place in Boston, but it's definitely a happening place (I spend most of my time around Central Square).

GothamCity151

• Godfather
  • Join us!
« Reply #1575 on: September 06, 2011, 03:38:58 PM »
Making my top 100 video. Hopefully I will be done in a week.

Verite

• Elite Member
  • Maybach School of Film Studies
« Reply #1576 on: September 06, 2011, 03:53:57 PM »
Making my top 100 video. Hopefully I will be done in a week.

Nice!
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1577 on: September 07, 2011, 08:52:41 AM »
Is it a nice apt?

How can people go to university these days.  My cheapest semester in university was sharing a house with 2 friends and we split the $200 rent a month.  I can't say it was nice, I slept on a floor and my room had no heat so was about 50 degrees in the morning winter months.  But then rent was $67 per month.  I think the most I paid was around $300 for a 1 bedroom by myself. 

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1578 on: September 07, 2011, 09:12:12 AM »
Inflation or something.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #1579 on: September 07, 2011, 09:28:28 AM »