Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 283860 times)

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #7150 on: March 27, 2019, 11:44:57 PM »
Watching a bunch of old Unsolved Mysteries episodes on Amazon. Have an interview tomorrow morning to work on the Netflix reboot. Fingers crossed!

PS - The old episodes are great. Maybe it's nostalgia, but the late 80's early 90's was an incredible time.

I am sheepish to say, I've never seen an episode of Unsolved Mysteries:-\

Busy grandma!!!!  I bet a happy grandma too!

Yes, very! :)

Congrats, Sandy. Love it up!

I've been busy with work. Good work. Work that's so good I haven't even been interested in watching a movie while at home. (A couple of days ago I put on Book of Eli and lost interest inside a minute.)

I haven't completely abandoned my nerding. I've been going through my old yearly lists in my spare time, updating and re-ordering them. But even that has taken like .5% of my time.
Wonderful news, Sandy. Enjoy!

1SO, keep us updated on the "good work."

Thanks saltine and 1SO, I will! :)

1SO, what is this good work you speak of?! I'm happy you are doing something so rewarding.
"I'm a new day rising."

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #7151 on: March 28, 2019, 09:03:40 PM »
Getting ready to flood the forum with comments about posts I can't let go unresponded.
Must See  |  Should See  |  Good  |  Mixed  |  Bad

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #7152 on: March 28, 2019, 09:16:39 PM »
I hope I didn't misrepresent "the good work." It's not emotionally nourishing, but it's the kind of work that gets me a lot of financial freedom and comes with a lot of travel (with Mrs. 1SO.) I'm in Florida at the moment, which is great timing because I can spoil my Disney loving wife at Disney World for her birthday. I'll also be going to Jersey City, Manhattan, New Orleans, London and Cardiff, and getting paid at each stop.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #7153 on: March 28, 2019, 10:13:25 PM »
What do you do while on these stops? Considering East Coast work in the next few years, especially Jersey City/New York.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #7154 on: March 29, 2019, 03:28:00 PM »
Train people who want to work in Film/TV Production. For these stops we were contacted by studios and outside companies, so we donít have to drum up business. They supply the bodies and we collect a fixed rate to get them ready for Set life using actual Production paperwork, simulations and team competitions.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • My tinypic changed so no avatar for a little while
« Reply #7155 on: March 29, 2019, 05:46:57 PM »
Sounds like a great bit of work, and it includes travel with your wife double bonus. Is Cardiff on the schedule becuase they have a lot of TV work done there (I believe Doctor Who is filmed there, amongst other stuff)?

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #7156 on: March 29, 2019, 09:28:09 PM »
Do you simulate high maintenance actors and directors who fly off the handle? :))

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #7157 on: March 29, 2019, 10:37:49 PM »
Sounds like a great bit of work, and it includes travel with your wife double bonus. Is Cardiff on the schedule becuase they have a lot of TV work done there (I believe Doctor Who is filmed there, amongst other stuff)?
They have a big production coming in that hasn't been officially announced yet, so I can't post about it.

Do you simulate high maintenance actors and directors who fly off the handle? :))
We have a lot of real world examples, some involving actors who crew will have direct contact with, but directors tend to be in more of a bubble with Producers and the 1st Assistant Director. Those are the ones who fly off the handle. We train people how to handle the pressure of 5-6 days a week working 14-16 hours a day with 100 different personalities. You're not going to get along with everyone and there's a lot of money being spent on something some hope will do great things for their careers, while others just want to get the job done and get home to their families.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #7158 on: March 29, 2019, 10:52:06 PM »
Sounds like a neat boot camp! :)

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • My tinypic changed so no avatar for a little while
« Reply #7159 on: April 13, 2019, 03:08:27 AM »
I have gained a few boxes of lego sets, the trouble is most of the instructions are missing. I was wondering if anyone could use their Star Wars knowledge to give me an idea which craft (there are multiple) these partly built pieces are from.

(Click to enlarge)