love

Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 592046 times)

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #7160 on: March 25, 2019, 01:26:38 PM »
I’ll catch the Western thread up soon, but have been a bit busy. :)

https://imgur.com/a/p29QuYo

Congrats, Sandy. Love it up!

I've been busy with work. Good work. Work that's so good I haven't even been interested in watching a movie while at home. (A couple of days ago I put on Book of Eli and lost interest inside a minute.)

I haven't completely abandoned my nerding. I've been going through my old yearly lists in my spare time, updating and re-ordering them. But even that has taken like .5% of my time.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #7161 on: March 25, 2019, 10:30:25 PM »
Wonderful news, Sandy. Enjoy!

1SO, keep us updated on the "good work."
Texan Down Under

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #7162 on: March 27, 2019, 01:55:47 PM »
Watching a bunch of old Unsolved Mysteries episodes on Amazon. Have an interview tomorrow morning to work on the Netflix reboot. Fingers crossed!

PS - The old episodes are great. Maybe it's nostalgia, but the late 80's early 90's was an incredible time.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #7163 on: March 27, 2019, 11:44:57 PM »
Watching a bunch of old Unsolved Mysteries episodes on Amazon. Have an interview tomorrow morning to work on the Netflix reboot. Fingers crossed!

PS - The old episodes are great. Maybe it's nostalgia, but the late 80's early 90's was an incredible time.

I am sheepish to say, I've never seen an episode of Unsolved Mysteries:-\

Busy grandma!!!!  I bet a happy grandma too!

Yes, very! :)

Congrats, Sandy. Love it up!

I've been busy with work. Good work. Work that's so good I haven't even been interested in watching a movie while at home. (A couple of days ago I put on Book of Eli and lost interest inside a minute.)

I haven't completely abandoned my nerding. I've been going through my old yearly lists in my spare time, updating and re-ordering them. But even that has taken like .5% of my time.
Wonderful news, Sandy. Enjoy!

1SO, keep us updated on the "good work."

Thanks saltine and 1SO, I will! :)

1SO, what is this good work you speak of?! I'm happy you are doing something so rewarding.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #7164 on: March 28, 2019, 09:03:40 PM »
Getting ready to flood the forum with comments about posts I can't let go unresponded.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #7165 on: March 28, 2019, 09:16:39 PM »
I hope I didn't misrepresent "the good work." It's not emotionally nourishing, but it's the kind of work that gets me a lot of financial freedom and comes with a lot of travel (with Mrs. 1SO.) I'm in Florida at the moment, which is great timing because I can spoil my Disney loving wife at Disney World for her birthday. I'll also be going to Jersey City, Manhattan, New Orleans, London and Cardiff, and getting paid at each stop.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #7166 on: March 28, 2019, 10:13:25 PM »
What do you do while on these stops? Considering East Coast work in the next few years, especially Jersey City/New York.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #7167 on: March 29, 2019, 03:28:00 PM »
Train people who want to work in Film/TV Production. For these stops we were contacted by studios and outside companies, so we don’t have to drum up business. They supply the bodies and we collect a fixed rate to get them ready for Set life using actual Production paperwork, simulations and team competitions.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #7168 on: March 29, 2019, 05:46:57 PM »
Sounds like a great bit of work, and it includes travel with your wife double bonus. Is Cardiff on the schedule becuase they have a lot of TV work done there (I believe Doctor Who is filmed there, amongst other stuff)?

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #7169 on: March 29, 2019, 09:28:09 PM »
Do you simulate high maintenance actors and directors who fly off the handle? :))