love

Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 591941 times)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #7180 on: April 21, 2019, 10:59:59 PM »
Avoiding Game of Thrones spoilers. Filmspotting at least is safe that way. It's all contained in a single thread. Podcasts though, sometimes I have to drop what I'm doing and rip my earbuds out.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #7181 on: April 30, 2019, 12:02:24 PM »
False Start!

Life has been very busy of late, with little time for movies and especially for writing. I've tried to keep up with my advanced screenings, but the writing after has been a struggle.

My sister-in-law has embarked on a 10 week fundraising campaign for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to win "Woman of the Year". Her goal is to raise $100,000, a lofty goal, and my wife is her campaign manager. We're right in the middle of the campaign, which means I have had little free time outside of work and helping with that.

Hopefully afterward I can get back to much more writing and not neglecting my various projects.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #7182 on: May 01, 2019, 05:26:57 AM »
Setting up my new computer. Needed to get one after the old one died. It is currently still going through the backup to work out how much space I will need. Looking forward to this, got to love having a new toy.

So this has been written on my iPad. I have to wait until the new computer is set up before I can update things like my monthly iCheckMovies update.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #7183 on: May 01, 2019, 10:35:27 PM »
Moving to a much nicer cabin, but it's outside of wifi range.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #7184 on: May 28, 2019, 09:04:56 AM »
I hope I didn't misrepresent "the good work." It's not emotionally nourishing, but it's the kind of work that gets me a lot of financial freedom and comes with a lot of travel (with Mrs. 1SO.) I'm in Florida at the moment, which is great timing because I can spoil my Disney loving wife at Disney World for her birthday. I'll also be going to Jersey City, Manhattan, New Orleans, London and Cardiff, and getting paid at each stop.

The major run of work is now behind me. Have to clean up - put away materials, do laundry and submit invoices - but there are a couple of weeks before my next gig. In the meantime I'm making a list of what I need to catch up on.

New computer: My current one was a wrap gift from The Office - show logo engraved - and now it's all rainbow wheels and a click pad that doesn't want to click. Time for an upgrade.

But this is to post what I'm planning to watch:
Fleabag - you speak Junior, I listen. (The Perfection has been added to my Shocktober list.)
Luchino Visconti - I already have Rocco and His Brothers or else I'd move on. With so many other things to watch, it's hard to stay interested in my Director's Marathon right now.
Booksmart - Of course Mrs. 1SO is waiting for Aladdin, but I'm prioritizing this. Also plan to get to John Wick 3. Curious how that went from "easily the best of the series" to "incredibly boring". I guess it's possible to be both.
It Follows and Me Before You - a rewatch and a first look at two from this decade.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #7185 on: May 29, 2019, 01:04:17 AM »
Making a plan to catch up on the last seventy pages of the Respond to the last movie you watched thread and start contributing again.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #7186 on: May 29, 2019, 01:02:10 PM »
Well, that's a project
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #7187 on: June 08, 2019, 04:11:02 PM »
Climbed a local peak with some friends. Kind of a drizzly day in the valley, but good temp for hiking.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #7188 on: June 10, 2019, 12:40:18 AM »
I bet the picture he took, made her look much more precarious!

And speaking of pictures -- picture perfect valley! <3

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #7189 on: June 11, 2019, 08:09:04 AM »
False Start!

Life has been very busy of late, with little time for movies and especially for writing. I've tried to keep up with my advanced screenings, but the writing after has been a struggle.

My sister-in-law has embarked on a 10 week fundraising campaign for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to win "Woman of the Year". Her goal is to raise $100,000, a lofty goal, and my wife is her campaign manager. We're right in the middle of the campaign, which means I have had little free time outside of work and helping with that.

Hopefully afterward I can get back to much more writing and not neglecting my various projects.

The campaign has ended and I am happy to announce that we managed to raise $113,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and my sister-in-law won Woman of the Year for it!
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."