love

Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 592419 times)

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #7280 on: March 24, 2021, 09:30:41 PM »
The majority of the day, I am in a room alone with 8-10 nine and ten year olds, so it doesn't yield much time for email, let alone all the other organizing and such that I could be doing. (With the help of the kids) I keep the room nice and organized, but the rest of the time has to be spent planning lessons, putting materials together, calling parents, and grading. For every 50 e-mails I get, 3-4 of them matter to what I'm doing and/or must be read because they're from the boss. I get a lot of emails from educational websites like ReadWorks, Scholastic or Newsela, which are good to have I guess because sometimes I hit gold with free materials, but otherwise I just browse the subject lines once when I arrive and once when I leave.

I did get one today to register my class for Book It, which I did. Anyone else here remember that reading program? The kids still really like it. Then again, they like reading, until they're about 10, sadly.

ADDING: Do you all delete you messages here? I don't think I ever have.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 09:37:09 PM by etdoesgood »
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #7281 on: March 25, 2021, 12:03:58 AM »
I’ve never delated one here.  I don’t delete any work emails but we have very tight email retention policy so they all auto self-destruct after 12 months and there is no way to move them to an offline folder. So I just move them all to a misc folder so they will all eventually disappear. 

I delete most that come to my personal email just as it gets a lot of random crap due to using the same one since the 90’s... I occasionally try to stop some of it
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #7282 on: March 25, 2021, 05:31:07 AM »
I feel Book It meant more back when Pizza Huts had a buffet and video game tables rather than being a coldly efficient delivery/takeout chain.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #7283 on: May 31, 2021, 09:44:36 PM »
Trying a new method for rebuilding my Top Horror List. So far I'm very happy with the results. This may become a lengthy Marathon when I'm done. 862 titles, which is nearly 200 more than my last version. This time the full list will be Ranked. (List is complete up to #135).

Special thanks to the genius who confirmed my belief that High Plains Drifter (1973) is actually a Horror Movie.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #7284 on: June 01, 2021, 01:03:15 AM »
HPD is a psychological horror definitely.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #7285 on: June 01, 2021, 06:07:06 AM »
The town gets covered in blood at the end doesn't it? Sounds pretty horrific to me.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #7286 on: June 01, 2021, 06:27:37 AM »
It's paint not blood, if I remember correctly

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #7287 on: June 01, 2021, 07:46:41 PM »

My Horror List is Rebuilt up to 298. Really liking the results. Used the same method to look at a rough draft of a Horror and Western list. Very happy.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #7288 on: July 24, 2021, 11:16:44 PM »
I am planning an extended break (probably about a month) from the Boards and my usual routine. I've already been posting a lot less and the film I watched today with my wife is the first I've seen in four days. I wanted to say something because I usually read every post like it's the news, but I've already been missing conversations, including ones I was actively involved in.

This isn't because of anything troubling on my end, just been doing some thinking about future goals not yet met.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #7289 on: July 25, 2021, 12:25:59 AM »
I am planning an extended break (probably about a month) from the Boards and my usual routine. I've already been posting a lot less and the film I watched today with my wife is the first I've seen in four days. I wanted to say something because I usually read every post like it's the news, but I've already been missing conversations, including ones I was actively involved in.

This isn't because of anything troubling on my end, just been doing some thinking about future goals not yet met.

Do you! I hope you figure out what needs figuring out, and that you accomplish the goals you have set before you.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire