love

Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 592539 times)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #7290 on: July 26, 2021, 03:23:37 AM »
Have a safe and happy break. :) Always good to step back now and then, just to see where you're at.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #7291 on: July 30, 2021, 11:51:43 PM »
A sudden illness in the family has focused my appreciation for how good I have it. (Nothing life-threatening, but until there was a diagnosis everything went into a thick fog.) I'm learning that I make a pretty good nurse, which most of the time is waiting for the other person to need something while they mostly sleep and heal. So, I'm back, kinda. Not planning to write as much as I used to, but it seems I always have something to say.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #7292 on: July 31, 2021, 03:35:39 AM »
Speedy recovery to your patient. They're in good hands.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #7293 on: August 05, 2021, 12:32:21 AM »
A sudden illness in the family has focused my appreciation for how good I have it. (Nothing life-threatening, but until there was a diagnosis everything went into a thick fog.) I'm learning that I make a pretty good nurse, which most of the time is waiting for the other person to need something while they mostly sleep and heal. So, I'm back, kinda. Not planning to write as much as I used to, but it seems I always have something to say.

While the circumstances are bad, seeing your care and attention kick in high gear when needed is always a good feeling and experience. Well done!
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #7294 on: August 08, 2021, 03:34:37 AM »
Resisting the urge to write a drunken research essay on the politics of the Avildsen film Lean on Me.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #7295 on: August 09, 2021, 03:52:53 AM »
What would one drink whilst writing such an essay?

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #7296 on: August 09, 2021, 10:08:05 AM »
Southsides, but I’d call them Fair Eastsides and hum the school anthem after each sip.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #7297 on: August 09, 2021, 10:38:17 PM »
Browsing the forum, listening to Japanese Breakfast, after having a bit of a breakthrough day at work. Good Mondays are cool.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #7298 on: August 10, 2021, 03:27:55 AM »
Enjoying a beer at a bar again…
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #7299 on: August 15, 2021, 12:05:33 AM »
Selling off a chunk of my collection

None of these are particularly hard to part with. A few I'm planning to replace with better versions. I discovered I had two copies of Where the Sidewalk Ends, which is nice because it's out of print and should fetch a good price.

I'm wondering if I should have bundled the seasons of "Veep" and "Curb Your Enthusiasm". I always figure I'll get a better price selling individually, but so far there's been zero interest.