love

Author Topic: Never Forever  (Read 1501 times)

gerryburns

Never Forever
« on: February 16, 2011, 12:07:24 AM »

An intense love story featuring Vera Farmigiana and Jung-Woo Ha. Vera plays a woman married to a Korean-American.  They have it all, except a child, which is very important to her husband and his family.  The husband gets very despondent over their inability to conceive, so his wife hatches a plan to get pregnant by an illegal Korean immigrant she spots in her clinic one day trying to make some money by selling sperm.  She follows him, then approaches him, waiting at his chinatown walkup for him to return home. When he does, she proposes an unusual business transaction--she'll pay him a lot of money if he can impregnate her.

What starts off as business, repellent to them both, slowly builds to something unexpected between them. But the complications are endless; I won't reveal the twists and turns.

One of the most romantic, passionate films I've seen in a long time. Director Gina Kim does a magnificent job telling this story. In addition, the score is perfect--haunting, chopin-esque.  I enthusiastically recommend it.
Power to the people!