love

Author Topic: Issues with the new forum upgrade: Post here  (Read 167427 times)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
Re: Issues with the new forum upgrade: Post here
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 08:16:17 PM »
In the "New Post at my blog" topic it won't let me post just a link anymore, which is odd since that's the purpose of that topic, may be an issue or just a change in the forum mechanics.

Edit: Never mind, I'm a dope and I forget to put in a bracket, that's why it wasn't working, my bad.

Lynch

• Administrator
  • Been away a spell.
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 08:24:05 PM »
Thanks for letting us know about all these issues.

Search is obviously number 1 priority and I may need to have another outage soon to try to fix it. 

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 09:52:44 AM »
I think some people are having a hard time getting used to the new visuals of the forum. It's much more open/less gridded. I noticed that the boards do have alternate themes, one being Classic YaBB SE Theme, that might suit those folks who prefer a more structured appearance. However, there appears to be issues with it (drop down menus/buttons/stars are messed up). Maybe a new version of the theme needs to be installed from here. Is that a possibility?

Anyways, thanks for all hard work you admins have put in. It's much appreciated.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 12:33:26 PM »
I disagree with smir. I'm cool with less grids. I'd like to see narrower margins, but that's a tiny thing.

More importantly, is there any way to go back to the old emoticons? These new ones don't effectively express the range of emotions this hamster would like.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 01:25:25 PM »
I disagree with smir. I'm cool with less grids.

How the forum looks is determined by what theme you have selected in your profile settings, so if you like it the way it is now you have nothing to worry about. Nothing I'm proposing will effect you. What I'm asking is if the currently available alternative themes can be updated to work with smf 2.0 RC5 so those who DO want to change their forum look can do so.

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 01:26:35 PM »
I don't find the boards all that different, everything works (or doesn't work) like it did beforehand.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 10:30:35 PM »
Quite a few times, when I post a reply I get an error message in a red box...

"Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message."

I hit post again and it works fine. These are quick posts. Less than a minute before I hit 'Post'. And I'm logged in 'Forever'.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 11:54:38 AM »
I have found that Logged In Forever is a myth.  I have this same issue with the forum. 1SO,  and it never occurred with the old forum.  I am logged out automatically now if I'm idle for approx 15 min.  I get caught mid-post too.   This must be a new feature with this upgrade.
Texan Down Under

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 08:49:56 AM »
Upon further testing, I've come up with the culprit: Google Chrome on Mac. I'm not to the point of completely changing my web browser, but it's getting there...  :-[

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 09:39:56 AM »
Yea, chrome is an odd little thing. Certain programs I can't even run if Chrome is also running.

love