HOW TO JOIN:
1. Look at the last post in the thread that contains someone's List of Shame.
2. Reply to the thread, picking one movie from the list in Step 1. That person now must watch that film.
3. In the same post, provide a list of 10 (more or less) movies that you should have seen but haven't. These can be canonical films, films that your friends keep bugging you to watch, the DVD you just can't seem to find the motivation to watch, whatever. How you make your list is your business. A site that many people find useful is ICheckMovies
, which aggregates several different canonical checklists, and can integrate nicely with your IMDb ratings.
4. Submit your post and wait for the next one to dictate which movie from your list you will watch.
5. You MUST
watch that movie! Violators will be prosecuted.OKAY, I WATCHED THE MOVIE... NOW WHAT?
1. Write a review of your movie-watching experience and post it in the List of Shame Reviews thread
2. Make a new reply to this thread.
3. In your post, include a link to your review.
4. Include a new dictation for the previous poster in the thread.
5. Include your updated List of Shame, with a new film replacing the one you just watched.MISCELLANEOUS STUFF
* Anyone can jump in at any time.
* Anyone can quit at any time, although it makes you a coward and a weakling.
* If you do quit, you can come back whenever you like.
* There is no deadline. You can take your sweet time to watch your dictation, or you can rush right to it and jump back in for a fresh dictation.
* When you post your List of Shame, it's nice to include a brief explanation of each entry... why you included it, your expectations, why you never watched it, whatever.
* You can only have one dictation at a time. That is to say, if you have been dictated a movie, you cannot jump back into the rotation and dictate for someone else until you have watched and reviewed your dictation.
* HAVE FUN