love

Author Topic: The Last Thing You Bought  (Read 13141 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: The Last Thing You Bought
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 12:43:00 AM »
@jdc:  be careful of those guitar shops, it's worse than the internet for me (spent four hours in there today)

I could only do that in the audio shops which is why I pretty much avoid going to the Audio mall these days.  I just been toying with the idea of picking up a guitar lately so sometimes walk by the shop near by, its been a long time though since I tried to play other than occasionally strumming somebody else's guitar.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 10:37:30 AM »
wooted some quality sport headphones... those white iPhone ones were kinda annoying

don s.

• Elite Member
  • You had me at "Hello, here's $50."
    • my movie collection
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 02:41:27 PM »
Oh no, gone electric now ...

Judas!
My TV ain't HD / that's too real

Teal | Green | Lime Green | Orange | Red

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2014, 03:42:02 PM »
1. A bike. Used but not old and in very good shape. And I love it. I can't remember ever having a bike where everything worked.

2. Shoes. I always forget how great it feels to try on, buy and wear new ones that fit really well and still have that intense leather smell. I don't care much for buying clothes but the process of selecting shoes is fantastic.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2014, 06:50:04 PM »
Wondering if it's better to buy a Google Chromecast and see if I can use it to stream content from my laptop to my TV (I think it has HBO Go too, which Xbox One and PS4 don't have yet for some ungodly reason), or just CINECAST!ing subscribe to the WWE Network for 6 months.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2014, 06:51:55 PM »
Chromecast is quite cheap and I dig it for casting certain things they don't have apps for on the consoles, like videos from TV channel websites. That's how I watched season one of Korra.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2014, 07:08:23 PM »
Can I beam anything from my laptop's browser to the TV through it, or just certain things? I don't think it will play anything I download or whatever, though it would be amazing if it did because subs CINECAST! me up, and I imagine I'll still have to slam down the money for Hulu+ if I want to use Hulu through it, but I've toyed with the idea of getting one for a while.

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2014, 07:21:45 PM »
There's a plugin for Chrome that allows you to cast any tab to the Chromecast (doesn't take over the computer either). Works pretty great.

The Chromecast is seriously a better media-center than anything else I've ever used, including my PS3. I use Plex to stream movies from my computer and control it with my phone. It's amazing.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2014, 11:01:19 PM »
There's a plugin for Chrome that allows you to cast any tab to the Chromecast
What's it called?
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek