love

Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 97686 times)

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #1070 on: August 27, 2017, 10:15:29 PM »
Usually the last episode is kinda tame compared to the previous but - DAMN - they killed it.
So much to unpack here...
Hey, nice marmot!

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #1071 on: August 28, 2017, 02:59:50 AM »
Is Rhaegar the crown of gold brother from season 1? I always thought the one who raped Lysa was the king.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #1072 on: August 28, 2017, 02:31:03 PM »
Is Rhaegar the crown of gold brother from season 1? I always thought the one who raped Lysa was the king.

No. Rhaegar gets killed in Robert's Rebellion, I think. The number I keep seeing thrown around is 88% shared DNA thanks to inbreeding between the brothers and sisters Targ. So I guess it makes sense that they'd be similar looking.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #1073 on: August 28, 2017, 10:45:06 PM »
How I'd rank the seasons so far:

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #1074 on: August 29, 2017, 05:29:26 AM »

No. Rhaegar gets killed in Robert's Rebellion, I think. The number I keep seeing thrown around is 88% shared DNA thanks to inbreeding between the brothers and sisters Targ. So I guess it makes sense that they'd be similar looking.

I realized it was a stupid question a bit later when i realized they're probably the same age. :P

As exciting as this season has been i miss the small moments. Benjun saved Jon from out of nowhere after being missing for years and it was never brought up again. The Hound met up with Tyrion after years apart and we don't even see it.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #1075 on: August 29, 2017, 11:46:27 AM »
As a writer I'd be intimidated to tackle the great meeting, but I think that scene and the build up to it were handled beautifully. Everyone staying true to their character while reaching the story's necessary conclusion.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #1076 on: August 29, 2017, 10:51:29 PM »
If next week they don't reveal Arya and Sansa are working together to take out Littlefinger a lot of people myself included are going to be annoyed. Even then it's still been a bad storyline so far.
What do you think now? I thought that scene was one of the best in an already outstanding episode.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #1077 on: August 30, 2017, 08:04:39 AM »
If next week they don't reveal Arya and Sansa are working together to take out Littlefinger a lot of people myself included are going to be annoyed. Even then it's still been a bad storyline so far.
What do you think now? I thought that scene was one of the best in an already outstanding episode.

I did really enjoy the climax. Partly because it went the way i hoped but mostly because it was a good scene. But having said that i don't think it was earned. Judging by Sansa calling herself a slow learner and the scene between her and Arya last week where they were alone it appears as if they both fell for Littlefinger's plot until this episode. Which makes no sense for their characters at this point in the show. It was dumb by the two of them.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #1078 on: September 09, 2017, 10:44:56 PM »
The Winterfell plot was really dumb this season. One thing that would have been super interesting: news of the Frey's being slaughtered by a girl calling herself Arya Stark actually reaches Winterfell. It's insane this never happened for so many reasons. Could have given them so much to work off of.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #1079 on: November 19, 2018, 05:08:44 PM »
Just rewatched season 7 and it's even weaker on second viewing. Jon's plan is dumb. Tyrion thinking Cersei could be convinced to fight along side them goes against everything he knows about his sister. Arya's return to Winterfell is great, but everything after that is awful. A lot of this comes down to the season being so rushed. They could have really made the build up to the reveal that Arya is a Faceless Man interesting. Same with exploring Bran's abilities as the Three-Eyed Raven. Both of these could have been used for a much more satisfying Little Finger confrontation.

Dany really should have gone with her gut and just razed the Red Keep and ended the war in one fell dragon swoop.

Watching this time, it would have made sense for her to just roast her enemies and allies alike in the big Dragon Pit meeting. A dozen people dead and the war ended.