love

Poll

What's your favorite film by Wes Anderson?

haven't seen any
1 (1.4%)
don't like any
0 (0%)
other (specify)
0 (0%)
Bottle Rocket
2 (2.7%)
Rushmore
15 (20.3%)
The Royal Tenenbaums
16 (21.6%)
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
5 (6.8%)
Hotel Chevalier
0 (0%)
The Darjeeling Limited
2 (2.7%)
Fantastic Mr. Fox
15 (20.3%)
Moonrise Kingdom
13 (17.6%)
The Grand Budapest Hotel
5 (6.8%)
Isle of Dogs
0 (0%)
The French Dispatch
0 (0%)
Asteroid City
0 (0%)
The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Anderson, Wes  (Read 18271 times)

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
Re: Anderson, Wes
« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2020, 07:40:57 AM »
Been thinking about my ranking for Wes

Great
Moonrise Kingdom
Grand Budapest Hotel

Good
The Royal Tenenbaums
Isle of Dogs

Ok
Hotel Chevalier

Did not grab me
Fantastic Mr. Fox

Boring/Not Good
The Darjeeling Limited
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
Top 5 Wes Anderson Movies
« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2021, 11:44:24 PM »
1. Moonrise Kingdom
2. Rushmore
3. The Grand Budapest Hotel
4. The Royal Tenenbaums
5. Fantastic Mr. Fox

The Life Aquatic was actually the film that fully got me into Anderson. It's been pushed down by several films that came after it, but I still love it.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2021, 11:49:50 PM »
1. Moonrise Kingdom
2. Rushmore
3. The Grand Budapest Hotel
4. The Royal Tenenbaums
5. Fantastic Mr. Fox

The Life Aquatic was actually the film that fully got me into Anderson. It's been pushed down by several films that came after it, but I still love it.

Oh c'mon, there are other Top 5's for other directors in the Top 5's board. This post doesn't make sense here.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 11:52:13 PM by Eric/E.T. »

1SO

• Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2021, 08:41:31 AM »
Make the case. Why should there be two different threads asking for people to post the same ranked list?

I had to go searching pretty hard before finding Top 5 Scorsese, which I'm also considering folding into his director thread.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2021, 10:14:39 AM »
One is for the complete oeuvre, including what you don’t like, using all the color codes. The other is to talk about top works. The top five list looks out of place here. I mean, it’s not a huge deal, I just thought it’d be fun to do it in the Top 5.

There’s also a Nolan ranked list.

It’s all good, not trying to kick up a huge fuss.

1SO

• Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2021, 12:49:30 PM »
One is for the complete oeuvre, including what you don’t like, using all the color codes. The other is to talk about top works. The top five list looks out of place here. I mean, it’s not a huge deal, I just thought it’d be fun to do it in the Top 5.

There’s also a Nolan ranked list.
I'm a Junior Moderator - but not Junior The Moderator - and my main goal is to streamline the boards into an archive that doesn't seem too daunting to navigate. I am often in doubt wondering if any flex of Mod power is overstepping my bounds, so I'm open to hearing reasons. I am often wrong, as my wife will tell you.

The sub-board is a way to make any and all thoughts and opinions of a director easier to find, including ranked lists, personal favorites and reviews. While I can agree our forum is a small hill of beans, it's our hill and I hope I'm making it look more appetizing.

I've absorbed the Nolan and Scorsese Top 5 threads into their Director threads.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #146 on: May 05, 2021, 12:56:21 PM »
I'm for erring on the side of streamlining the boards. It makes sense to me to just have one poll thread for each director and you can put your ranked list there. The top 5 board should be more themed top 5s, IMHO.

I also want mods to have an easier time since they are all doing this out of their own free time.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2021, 12:58:19 PM »
I respect what you’re doing. I post a lot and put a lot of stuff out there, but I know there are people who’ve been here longer that understand the logic of how the boards are organized better than I do. Until something of mine is taken down that would seem like my opinion has been censored - which I don’t anticipate happening - I’m not too worried about the choices made by mods here.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2021, 03:23:58 PM »
We didn’t have the Director subforum when some of these Director Top 5s were created (I imagine) so I do think these particular threads were just adapting to the environment at the time. So I support this consolidation as representing the current structure, even if it makes for a few awkward/out of context posts.

Antares

• Godfather
« Reply #149 on: May 05, 2021, 05:12:23 PM »
We didn’t have the Director subforum when some of these Director Top 5s were created (I imagine) so I do think these particular threads were just adapting to the environment at the time. So I support this consolidation as representing the current structure, even if it makes for a few awkward/out of context posts.

Agreed. The Director Top 5 diminished pretty rapidly after the Director sub-forums began.
Masterpiece (100-91) | Classic (90-80) | Entertaining (79-69) | Mediocre (68-58) | Cinemuck (57-21) | Crap (20-0)

love